hello again.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baby Einstein...

Zipping, zooming, there goes Jane
Flying by in her Airplane.

This is a little sing-song style poem in one of Knox's books that we listen to over and over. I enjoy his curiosity and adventure for books, but sometimes I want for more "adult" conversation. :o)

Last week while I was home, I read John Grisham's The Testament. It was pretty good. This week I'm reading The Summons. I have noticed a theme in how he names his books.

The past two nights I have been very thankful to the Townsend women for letting me bunk in their home with them. They are our own Natchez-version of Little Women. :o) I had porridge for the first time this morning for breakfast, and was pleasantly suprized by how good it is. I have never considered myself an oatmeal type girl, but I guess my tastebuds have changed, or else I just like porridge.

Yesterday I took a trip to see Wesley in Brookhaven. I will be glad when he shall return. Life is not the same without him for either me or Knox. I had forgotten how beautiful Mississippi is. The trees and the farms are such a nice view when driving. Even in the winter, everything is still green. I'll be glad when the summer arrives and cotton is out. I love to look out the window and see fields and fields of the snowy white. I would much rather it "snow" during our summers than deal with all the icy mess in the winter...though I was pleased with the rare snowfall last month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i miss you and knox! and wesley too! hopefully i will get to see you while i am home for spring break!!