hello again.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

SCAM

Someone called me sounding as if he were from Easter descent and continues to call me. They claim that the Govt wants to give me $3000 plus for paying bills and taxes on time. They wanted to confirm my name and address and age, and said that they already have my bank account numbers. They did not say what they were, though. They said his name was James Brown and the number that called me is (510)868-9343, but he said his callback number is 877-464-0444 or 866-923-3611. There was a lady who called yesterday sounding as if she were from Asian descent. She had a very thick accent, and I could barely make out what she was saying. They both got very flustered and upset when I began asking questions as to where this money was coming from and who they were. They just basically kept saying that they were not telemarketers. I was like, ok, but I still want to know. And the man got frustrated and sounded a bit angry when I said I didn't want it into my account and I just wanted to receive a check. He said they couldn't do that, and could only deposit it in the account. I told him I didn't want it in the account, and only wanted a check. He continued to say he couldn't do that, so I told him I didn't want the money at all. Then I hung up. He called back at least 5 times in a row. I just rejected the calls. Once I answered, and he was angry and said he wasnt' a telemarketer and why did I hang up, and I just told him I'm not interested and don't call back. He called back once more, and then didn't yet. That was about 5 minutes ago

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i got an email a while ago about a website to report this kind of thing bur i do not have it anymore

4 J's said...

That is CRAZY!