hello again.

Monday, June 30, 2008

So, a fair amount has happened since I last posted, though I'll only mention the highlights.
Several Fridays ago Wesley & I went to the doctor and found out that we are having another boy! :) We are very excited about this news. We would have been very excited about a girl, as well, but I am hoping that with Knox's hand-me-downs, this child will not be a source of immediate expenses. Hooray for that! And, we were kinda hoping that Knox would have a little buddy to pal around with, so this is another plus for having a boy. Our pictures are so cute! We got one of him sucking his thumb. I'll try to post it later. Sooo cute!
A friend of mine had a bridal shower, in which I gave her THIS from the Etsy shop StudioElan.
Next, my friend Nicole and I had a garage sale. Woo-hoo.... Not as exciting as the first news. But, I cleared out some junk and I made a little cash for the youth trip to Gatlinburg that Wesley & I helped chapperone last week, which leads me to our next highlight.
Wesley & I chapperoned the youth trip to Gatlinburg last week. (Real subtle intro, I know.) It was a pretty good trip. No major infractions or anything like that, pretty smooth as far as behavioral issues, so I think it was a good trip! I am worn out from it and I missed Knox a whole bunch. I have a feeling he missed us, too, judging by the voicemails he & Mom would leave us. But it's tricky to tell b/c the first thing he said when he saw Wesley & me was, "Shoot. Dang it." Which led to an immediate thumping, and crying, and nap-time. Lovely. But after nap-time, he was a joy, so I don't mind bearing the initial rebellious "cussing" (haha, in his little 1 1/2 year old way) at us if he can eventually learn from his "punishment" and be sweet & obedient.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! an update! I am very excited about Baby Fred!! I am glad the youth trip went well! I have waiting to here about how it went!!

Unknown said...

I am home! I came home yesterday and went straight to the softball games!! Hopefully I will get to see you and your family soon!!!

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

yay!!!