hello again.

Monday, January 19, 2009

"Free" time...?

here i sit on my pretty comfy, but not so attractive sofa, barefoot on my cold hardwood floors typing again. i have wet spots on both of my shoulders because i forgot (again) to get a burp cloth out before burping kuyper, who is currently (and finally) asleep in his little vibrating bouncy chair. knox is in his room sleeping, also. laundry is running, dinner is already cooked, and i know there are a million other things to do, but here i sit. this is the time of day that i never quite know what to do with. i have a tiny window of opportunity that i could use in a thousand different ways, but i never can decide how. i think, 'i could pull out the dusty scrapbooking stuff, but then i'd just get into it and have to put it all up before the boys get up. besides, i need to print off pictures, anyway.' then i think, 'well, i guess i could keep cleaning up, but i'm tired. (though, this suggestion usually wins.)' then i think, 'well, i could take a little nap while they are sleeping, but man, i have a lot of laundry to catch up on...not to mention dishes or dinner or work or ...(etc.)' so, here i sit, on the computer, linguistically contemplating what to do with the rest of my "free" time.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

or you could come play in the snow with me!

Katie said...

Hi Claire! You kids are beautiful! Congrats! No we have never been to that town in TN. I will have to check it out. Your post makes me tired... I say go for the nap! :)