hello again.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello world.

I have made Amish friendship bread today that my mother-in-law gave me. It was YUMMY.
We still have a bit left. It is cinnamonny goodness in a loaf. Yum. Also, a perk of the bread is that the starter is alive...yes, alive...and it more than quadrouples (sp??) each week.
This is AFTER I took my portion out to bake it! So, this week I am giving 1 bag to my mother-in-law (because she gave me her kit after Wesley threw mine out. Tell you about that in a bit.), 1 bag to Merisha, and 1 bag to Robin, as promised. However, if YOU would like a bag next week, just holla, b/c there's always plenty! Its super easy, too. The starter comes in a ziplock bag with the date on it (the date that the cycle starts over) and directions.
Wesley got the boys a new video the otherday, so we are watching it around the clock. Well, around the clock when Knox is up. Soccer Bob. In one of the clips, he has a cold. Knox is pretty concerned for Bob whenever this scene comes up. We have to tell him that he's ok each time. He doesn't cry or anything, but he notices and says that Bob's sick over and over. And says that Bob's cold. He doesn't quite understand that Bob HAS a cold, and isn't cold, but I stopped myself from trying to explain that one.
A new small group is starting for young married couples on Sunday nights if anyone married or close to marrying wants to come. We are meeting at Mr. Dennis & Mrs. Mary's house at 6-ish. We are going to go through Love & Respect by Dr. Emmerson Eggriches. Wesley and I did a bit of a study on it a few years ago in pre-marital counceling. I look forward to going through it. It is always one of those subjects that never gets impractical.

Oh, Wesley threw out my starter of the friendship bread because he saw the date was old and it had been on the counter for days and thought the bag of mush used to be icing or something, so he pitched it. Sad. Thankfully Mrs. Karen came to the rescue and gave me hers that she had been keeping up. Wesley now knows what it is and not to touch it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want a bag, I want a bag!

kids are so cute when they show sympathy.. it's so sincere.

brookejones said...

I like these two posts. it's like a storybook - pictures while you read!