hello again.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Knox and I are visiting family out of town with my sister, dad, and grandmother. The car is cramped. I'm enjoying the trip, though. Tonight my uncle is in a play (The Doll House, really a modern adaptation) but I'm sitting in a lobby with my child. I saw the first half while dad watched Knox, but I'm watching him now. He missed both naps today, so he should sleep well. Our vacation in TN was nice. We had a beautiful cabin in the mountains. I hope we go again sometime. I bought some Halloween decorations today. Tea towels for the kitchen, napkins and placemats for the table, and a wobbley cat for probably the table, too. Maybe for the mantel, though.

I started working only half days since Wes changed jobs. It has been wonderful. I am really enjoying staying home more. I can actually clean up and prepare dinner. Wow. I also like that Wes and I have the same morning schedule now.

I'm planning Knox's one year birthday party, and I'm not really sure what to do. I'm sending invitations to family, and I know to get a cake, but what else? Not games, surely, since he's too young. I've never thrown a birthday party for anyone before, so any ideas on what I do?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that vacation went well! Where is Wesley working now? Will yall be home next weekend? I hope so! I am coming home for a few days and I am not sure when I will be back after this little trip. I really want to see mr. knox! I am sure he has grown s much in the last month! I don't think I much help on the birthday party ideas. The only thing I have ever seen at a 1 yr. old party is the birthday boy/girl eating cake and getting it all over themselves. Anyways, hope to see you soon!

oh yea- how was the doll house? I had to write like 10 papers on that book!