hello again.

Friday, September 28, 2007


North Carolina was fun. We were all crammed in my dad's decently sized truck, but the fact that it's not a small truck doesn't really matter when you've been driving ten hours with three other adults and an infant in a child's seat and you're still over 6 hours away. It was fun, though it may sound awful in writing. Knox did a good job staying content in his little seat for so long, too.

I have been cooking lately, too. Last week we had chicken enchiladas. They were wonderful. I will post the recipe in a minute. Last night I baked a chicken with herbed potatoes and pearl onions. We also had homemade macaroni and cheese with chips and salsa and bruschetta as an appetizer. So good. It was a lot of food, too, so we'll be eating it over the course of the weekend, as well. The macaroni turned out to be too much for Wes and I, so I gave some to my dad. Last week I made a pumpkin cheesecake from the Fall Kraft magazine from last year. It was yummy. If you don't currently get this magazine, click here: http://www.kraftfoods.com/promo/ffmag/FFMag_offer_signup_template.aspx?s=profile&m=/profile/profile_registration&u1=join&task=Join&taskset=Join&promo_id=2928&rmain=food_family_mag/ffmag_main&redirect=/main.aspx
It's totally free, and has some really good recipes in it.
Tonight we are going to eat with my husband's parents and grandparents. It has been a few months since they have seen Knox, so they are here for a visit. Actually, I don't think they've seen him walk yet. I should have just enough time to clean the house, put Knox down for a nap, and knit for a while before we all meet up to eat.

No comments: