hello again.

Monday, January 21, 2008

i'm dreaming of a white...

...mlk weekend...?
It snowed this weekend! I was so excited! I think it only snows like once every 10-15 or more years here, so we were VERY excited when the snow actually stuck to the ground! When Knox saw the snow blowing all around, he kept whispering, "Wow, wow, wow."I thought Knox would enjoy the blowing flakes, but when we stepped out in it, he cried. Its finally too cold for even my flip-flop self to wear sandles. I'm heavily layered with the scarves I've been knitting all year. Mom dropped by this weekend with a bounty of quilts she has picked up. I am very grateful for her good timing! My favorite quilt is ladened with bright poppies that is obviously hand-sewn. I am so impressed by the thought of women sewing such beautiful and useful objects. When I look at such an intricate quilt, I cannot but think, people are so foolish to think that married women of the past were stifled in their homemaking. They had wonderful creative outlets that the arts of are being extinguished today, such as quilting. It seems to be such a time consuming thing, and yet, what beauty out of scraps and what would normally be trash! What a way to renew the earth.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

white mlk weekend sounds kind of funny.. that may be just me though.

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

no, it was a pun :)

Tina said...

Thanks for the post. If you need help with solar panel installers southern california then this company is for you.