hello again.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Food Planning

Today is the Mississippi Primaries. If you happen to be a registered voter in MS, please go vote today! (and vote for Ron Paul!) :)Yesterday I was extremely pleased with how much I was able to accomplish around the house! It was very suprizing to me how far a little planning went. I was able to:sweep and mop all the floors, vaccum the carpet, straiten Knox's room, make our bed, put away all the clothes, continue the laundry (though I'm not completely finished...more on that later...funny story), finish the dishes, cook dinner, and wash the car! All from about 3pm to 630pm! So, about the laundry. I decided to save a little money and be more friendly to the economy to dry my laundry on a clothes line yesterday. Why not? The day was beautiful. By the time I got everything up, it was overcast. I waited about an hour or so, went back, and checked the clothes, still damp. A while later I felt a sprinkle, so I went and got the clothes that had dried and brought them inside. The other clothes were already wet, so I left them out anyway. Hopefully by the time I come in from work today I will have dry laundry! Its another pretty day today, so maybe I'll try again. I did, however, enjoy the rain. I love to cosey up in bed with a good book under my antique quilts while the rain hits our antique tin roof.
This weekend Knox stayed with KK while we went to a friend's wedding out of town. He had a wonderful time judging by the temper-tantrum he through when he saw us to bring him home.
Wesley is actively working on bookings again; I am so glad!
Here is what I'm cooking this week. (I actually planned ahead!)
Last night: Spinach and Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken Medallions over Pasta with a Creamy Lemony-White Wine & Balsamic Vinager Reduction over Penne Pasta and Spinach Salad with Dried Cranberries and Feta. Chocolate Ice Cream for Dessert. (You can get the chicken recipe from www.foodnetwork.com, though I did my own variation of the sauce.)
Tonight: Pulled Pork Sanwiches Slow Cooked on homemade Baguette
Wednesday: probably at the Townsends
Thursday: either French Dip Sammies (with same pork from Tuesday night) or BBQ Sammies (with same pork from Tuesday night)
Friday: Probably homemade pizza. I have found this amazing wheat pizza dough recipe (from The Best of Cooking Light) and it has been such a hit! I swap the amounts of white and wheat flour to give it more wheat, but you could keep it with more white.
Saturday: Gumbo. I'll add chicken, sausage (venison), and seafood (probably shrimp unless we decide to go get some crawfish...though crawfish would be gooooood) over brown rice.
Sunday: Probably with the Townsends again. pleased with how much I was able to accomplish around the house!

No comments: