hello again.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Yesterday Wesley and I stayed in. My mom had stayed the night, so she took Knox to church with her, and we had the morning to ourselves. It was nice, honestly. We went on a pseudo-morning-date. We went to McDonalds (b/c Main Street Marketplace was closed) for breakfast, and then tried to rent a movie, but it was closed. So, we went to the park to swing instead. We watched all the different woodland animals run around, collecting their food, preparing already, I'm sure, for winter. There were woodpeckers, bluejays, cardinals, squirrels, and chipmonks. Then we took a nap, and went back to the movie store to rent No Reservations. We originally had plans to have a major junk night including local pizza, candy, brownies, cream soda for me and Strawberry Abita for Wesley, but after going to a "church fellowship" and filling up on junk there, we were too full to eat the original planned junk. But, the movie was still good.
Next, this morning we had breakfast (again) at McDonalds! haha, well, we never eat there, really, but the Marketplace was closed (again) for Memorial Day, so we went again with my dad and grandparents. Knox loved it.
I made my strawberry jam last night. It tastes very good, but apperently I cooked it too long, b/c it's more like the consistency of taffy than jam, but it's still very good. I think if you heat it a little it'll loosen up. For sure it will preserve this time. In just a little while we will be heading to the lake with a group of friends to ride on the boat , tube (though, sadly I cannot participate), and boil crawfish! Yum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well while everyone is having fun at the lake eating crawfish, I posted a new blog for you. It was good to see your family yesterday!