hello again.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The First Snow Cone of the Season

It was bliss. I opted for something a little out of the ordinary in the form of a "topless" (b/c I don't want it spilling in my car) sour apple and lemonade mixture. I figured you can't go wrong with anything fruity mixed with lemonade. O how true. Yum.

Also, I have been picking blueberries from my blueberry bush the past few days and freezing them with dreams of a blueberry pie. I also picked my first cute little cherry tomato from the plant that I named Frank. I later saved him from a tragic ending by rescuing him just before Knox popped it in his mouth. I wouldn't have minded, except judging from past experiences with tomatoes, Knox would have just spit it right back out. And all my hard work...haha...of trying to remember to water Frank would have been wasted on the little tomato. But, Frank is producing several more tomatoes that look like they will be ripe and ready to be picked within a few days. (As long as I remember to water him...)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That post was very cute! I like the fact that you named you plant Frank! I think I will have to go have a snowcone now!

Robin said...

I can't eat a whole snowcone. They are entirely too sweet. On another note, I just went to your mother-in-law's blog and it was SO adorable. I got a big smile especially when I read her post about you being pregnant. She's sweet :-)

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

Yeah, it's fun to read it. She often posts really good recipes, and that's a plus, too! :)