hello again.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Today I watered my plants, as usual, and I am excited about how much they are growing. Not just barely hanging on, but actually growing and producing fruit! Fred has 3 more little tomatoes growing and Madam Bleu has several ripe blueberries everyday! I picked 2 more tomatoes the other day. They are so cute and tiny! The 6 squash plants have blooms all over them, so I am hoping they will successfully turn into squash plants, although I have heard you can eat the squash blossoms themselves. Actually, Sookie on Gilmore Girls has recipe for stuffing and frying the squash blossoms, and the thought of that sounds AMAZING.

Earlier this morning I believe my sugar was low. I began shaking a little (not like tremors or anything, but just a bit shaky) and feeling weak, so I opted for a pack of peanut butter crackers and a sprite. It has helped a good bit. My sister does the same thing occasionally, and her husband (a nurse) laughs at her when she says its because her sugar is low. My husband (not a nurse) does the same to me when I have these moments. What do you think it is? A few crackers or something moderately sugary usually fixes it relatively quickly. I'm not saying I think I'm diabetic or anything; just that I haven't eaten something substantial in a while.

Last night I made Mammy's Cupboard's recipe of Vegetable Soup (except I did mine in the crockpot) and made corn bread to go with it. It was sooooo good. I haven't had vegetable soup in a long time, so I was really looking forward to it. Wesley always likes a good bowl or 2 of it. I'll post the recipe. I just did Jiffy Cornbread. We had brownies for dessert. Yum.

No comments: