hello again.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mammy's Cupboard Vegetable Soup

(The best Vegetable Soup you'll ever eat.)

2.5 lbs. stew meat
64 oz. V8
64 oz. picante V8
2 packs frozen gumbo vegetables (or soup veggies work well, too)
4 peeled and cubed baking potatoes
Tony's seasoning (1 T. or to taste)

Put meat in a pot and just cover with water on high for 30 minutes. Next, add both V8 juices. Once hot, add gumbo vegetables and cook another 30 minutes. Add seasoning and baking potatoes and simmer up to 30 minutes (or until tender). At this point it is ready to eat!!! :o)***Note: If you are going to cook it in a crockpot, do all of it in the crock pot, but at this point, you want to put it on low for a few hours. I did mine about 5 hours, but could be more or less depending on the heat the crockpot puts out.***

This is so good with any cornbread, but Jalepeno Cornbread with a little Cheddar cheese mixed in is AMAZING.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also love Mammie's vegetable soup! I may have to add it to the menu sometime soon!

Unknown said...

I'll post the recipe. Although, I do not use a recipe and I make it different each time I make it... I hope the zoo is fun also! I think Knox would love it now! He has sooo much personality!!