hello again.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Review

It really amazes me how much Knox is learning so quickly. It seems like every day there are new words that he says, things that I don't even know he has heard before. Yesterday we practiced saying "Happy birthday, Daddy" so that he could tell it to Wesley when he got home. It came out as, "Happy Daddy, Birthday." It was really cute. :o) That got me thinking. I am starting to realize what a challenge it must be for him to learn a whole vocabulary in English (and what Spanish I can remember). Sometimes he gets his words a little mixed up (as in "happy daddy birthday") but he always stops and thinks for a while and tries really hard to get out what he wants to say. Really, it reminds me as if someone picked me up and dropped me in China, or somewhere. The thought of just being alone where I have no idea how to speak the language is terrifying to me.

Last night Wesley and I went to get sushi from a local Thai place. It was good! :o) It had been a long time since I had eaten sushi, so I was ready for it! I couldn't even think about sushi my first trimester, so it has been a pleasant change. I got my usual: Shrimp tempura roll & the Philadelphia roll. I like alternating the creamy & the crunchy. Mmmm. Wesley got a Spider roll and a Planet Thailand Special roll. I don't remember what was in either (although I do know the Spider roll had Soft Shell Crab, mmmmm) but they were both Really good. Then we saw Dark Knight. It was so good, and so creepy! Truely the character of the Joker is such an evil villain!

Well, I guess that's all I can think of for now. I'll get back to eating my cajun turkey on whole wheat and baked ruffles.

No comments: