hello again.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

dreams of vacation


so, for some unknown reason i've been feeling a bit gloomy today. i know this probably sounds incredibly spoiled, but i'll be honest...i probably am...anyway, the truth is, i think i'm down b/c we haven't gone on a vacation this year. we are still hoping to, but i just don't know if it'll happen before the year's out. it's been very busy so far, and doesn't look like things are going to slow down anytime soon. plus the baby's coming at the end of the year, so that'll keep us even more busy. good busy, though. i think it also has to do with the fact that we were hoping to go to visit my mom and sister this weekend out of town, but are not able to b/c she starts rush workshops this weekend. so, that leaves us bored in natchez, although it will be nice to have a weekend with nothing to do. wesley has been working on building us some bookshelves, and they are looking incredible. seriously. who knew he had a talent at carpentry? i'm sure he'll want to finish those this weekend. he's gotten one set finished and moved into the house, and he's working on the other. in addition to the bookshelves, he's decided to build a new cabinet for our bathroom (yay!!!) so that we can get rid of our old hand-me-down, k-mart special shelving system that currently is holding our toiletries. the new shelves that wesley is making is soooooooo much nicer!


the baby is kicking my right side. knox used to kick my right side more than the left, too. i'm not sure why that is, but maybe they'll resemble each other somehow in how they kick... or maybe he's starting to get cramped. that could be the case. i'm preeeetttttty sure knox got cramped in my tummy a couple of years ago.

me at halloween 2 years ago with my friend Ashley who was not pregnant, but instead had her pumpkin that she was carving inside her shirt.

3 comments:

brookejones said...

We've both got the wanting to go on vacation blues today. You and Wesley should come to Jackson this weekend - I'm dead serious by the way! We've got nothing going on.

Unknown said...

I have been reading your blog from my phone. I will do better with updates whenever I get back to school where I have internet! I plan on stealing your "stolen" recipes!!

Ashley said...

This is one of my all time favorite pictures...It's just classic! Maybe you won't be this big this halloween =0)

P.S I hope that isn't a forshadowing of how I will look in several years...lol