hello again.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

this week

well, this week i've tried to do some finalization things for work for a little while, since i won't be "officially" at the office anymore for a while, though i do have my trust laptop that links up to the work computer and plenty of things to do for a little while. this week i have scheduled to get lots of last minute things accomplished here around the house before thursday's new arrival! in the midst of all these tasks, i am going to try to rest. hopefully i'll be able to manage both. i believe this is my last week to have Ms. Ladonna as Knox's babysitter, too, so this will present a change in schedule, as well. i think my mom is going to take knox for a few days after the baby is born to help give me a chance to "rest." :0) i don't know how much real rest i'll be able to get in, hopefully this new child will sleep a lot (at least at first). knox had a touch of gas for a little while, but it didn't really start at first. not until he was about a month or so old, i think. it's hard to remember.
so, this week i have a trip to the grocery store planned with the one and only, and newly married, robina; cook several dishes and freeze them for easy meals after thursday; putting away the last of the laundry (now that i have enough hangers); ordering/purchasing a couple of new warm onesie-type sleepers for the baby (all the little-bity sized onesies we have are not quite warm enough); maybe order a couple of extra lollies (blankies); order the bedding (yes, i'm last minute on that) and possibly a moses basket (anyone ever try that? i haven't. i'd love feedback if you have any); and finally, for the huge task that i think may be wishful thinking (and solely depends on my husband & father's schedules, as they will be doing all of the work, and i just point and talk)....rearrange knox/kuyper's bedroom and wesley & my bedroom! ha! i'm hoping for it, but i know deep down it's not utterly essential that it get done this week, since the baby will be in the same room with me & wesley for a little while.
anyway, i will be taking a couple of weeks off from photography and my desk job, though i plan on resuming photography very soon after kuyper's birth, if anyone needs/wants a photo session. please spread the word. :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You have an exciting week ahead! I just wish I could be closer so I could help!!!! Tyler and I are going to bring Knox and Kuyper some "hokie gear" when we come to MS. Good luck with everything...I will be praying for you! Let me know how things go for yall!

brookejones said...

gah,i can't believe kuyper is coming this week!!! i'm so excited! we'll be in town this weekend so we'll see ya'll then!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to meet little Kuiper this weekend!!

Unknown said...

I misspelled his name. sorry.

The Curry's said...

Good luck with everything! I still ahve 20 weeks to go! Gaah! By the way, how do you pronounce Kuyper? Never heard that name before.