hello again.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

leize le bon temps roule

This is my favorite time of day. Well, actually, this is my favorite time of the week. Sunday afternoon. Just after lunch and the boys are in bed. They barely make it through lunch before zonking out in their bed (if not the car seats). Heck, my eyes are half-open, myself. I have a netflix movie in, the couch to myself, and silence in the air. Wes is watching some guy-movie that i am not the slightest bit interested in on the mac with the headphones. All I need now is a little scoop of ice cream while i half-doze to the background music that is a movie.

This evening before meeting with our Sunday-evening group, I am planning on making gumbo, my semi-homemade version. I created a recipe for gumbo accidentally (i was trying to make jambalaya) and it turned out really good. So i have also created a more condensed version for when i don't feel like making every single thing from scratch (i.e. i don't feel like boiling a chicken and making stock, etc.) that i believe is still just as good. And we'll have it over brown rice. However, chances are that we won't actually eat this deliciousness until tomorrow because I believe we have already made some dinner plans with some friends. I just know myself, and won't actually get around to cooking it unless there is a chunk (what a gross word) of time allotted specifically for gumbo-making. So, should i get around to it, i will be posting pictures of this gumbo (hopefully in step-by-step fashion) with the recipe so that if you choose, you can create my yummy gumbo.

But for now, back to the movie...

No comments: